A very happy 2016 to all our Shuters family, customers and friends!
Now that the back-to-school rush is over, you must have been thinking about some goals and things you would like to achieve during the course of this brand-new year.
New Year’s resolutions often fail because they are either too ambitious or not realistic enough. Here is an alternative – a to-do list of things you can be mindful of this year.
- Spend more time having actual conversations with people rather than interacting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Build real relationships with the people around you.
- Plant a tree, shrub or bush in your garden, or a plant in a pot on your windowsill. Something fresh and green and alive to look at and to keep you grounded when you get stressed.
- Be grateful. At the end of each day, instead of thinking about the things that went wrong, try to focus on all the things that you can be grateful for.
- Laugh more. Laugh with others (not at them!).
- Take time out to play. There is a small child inside you that needs to be let out every so often. Play, be carefree and have fun.
- Be kind. Very often, the people around you are carrying burdens you know nothing about. Kindness to each other can help make those burdens a little lighter.
These are just a few items on our to-do list here at Shuters. Why not add to our list by posting your suggestions on our Facebook page?